Tuesday, July 7, 2009

fest.

tuesday morning.

came home smelling like an ashtray with a second hand smoker's cough. i was standing on things i could not see. by the end my shoes were scuffed and dirty. sat on the speaker. it was loud and smoky and there were people dancing with their drinks in the air. i cried in the car on the way home. i saw somebody i'd rather have not seen. i turned away and held my head high.
i couldn't take it anymore and left. i took a bath at one in the morning to get the tobacco traces off my clothes.
i wouldn't have accepted that drink if you had kept them coming all night. no ways. not a chance. and i got the hell outta there.

i'll have you know that i always wash my hair when i'm sad. it gets all the grime and queues and meaningless conversation out of me.
i was not into it and will not go back there in a hurry. they were all putting on a show for the next person. wanna be somebody you're not for somebody else? do it, but count me out. it was a damn cold night. there were no friends of mine in that place. i didn't really know them anyway. mere acquaintences or people in passing. i would not consider them friends.

today is the day I write max a letter, lick it and post it.
if only you were just down the road, like things used to be.
until i see you in december, make it good, and remember the eiffel tower.
love is more than a 'chemical process in the brain.'

you'll always be my lucky fish.
my 'til next time' man.


1 comment:

Maximilien alias Gamaliel said...

And you will always be ma biche !
I wish we was still close too ...
I reemember the eiffel tower , my princesse , how can i forget that ?
Think that I will see you again is the only thing who make me feel beter when i start to feel bad .
I am always lucky but you have make a mistake : you are the nice catch not me !

Or now that i think about it i am not shure that i ever got you ...

I don't care ! I know that scared you but: I LOVE YOU (even if i shoulden't say it that mutsh)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...