Saturday, August 14, 2010

itchy feet


what i wouldn't give to run away, right now. tonight.


the finest thing i learned while i was overseas is that there is so much more out there than to which my closet life is confined. i was dislodged and discomforted to find that the world is so exponential in its variety that i almost forgot totally about my previous concept of home. home became a a dislocation. it was distanced from my wanting. i had to adapt myself almost entirely. upon entering a foreign household, hearing the unfamiliarity of a language that was not my own and suffering quietly from the constant missing of somebody who has since left me, i realised that being alone is not the worst thing that can happen to a person.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...