Thursday, February 4, 2010

paris and the red hat

entry two

i am in paris!

it is the most cherished city in the world.
people are unsympathetic.
couples embrace in the metro.
beggars plead and so do their dogs and cats.
chestnuts (hot) are sold at underground entrances.
there is a couturier on every street.
the history of the city is preserved in the chaos of the 21st century
cars just drive.
the experience of this city is a very personal one.
the sacre coeur mass was beautiful on sunday, when the voices in song made me want to cry.
there really are painters in paris. they paint paris.
people sit outside in the cafes where many an art movement, resistance manifesto, intellectual discussion and social controversy were formed.
i wore my red beret.
my feet killed me from the 18e all the way to the 9e. We walked more than I have ever walked before.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...