Wednesday, December 15, 2010

country pace


I was here this past weekend. Whipstock Farm was established by pioneering settlers in the 1830s, just 7 km from McGregor. In the countryside things are slower. There's no rush and there is no skimmed milk. Everything is healthy and homegrown. There's no such thing as an alarm clock (only a rooster) and there's all the full cream butter, wholewheat bread, sizzling back bacon, Edith Piaf and robust red one can ask for. So much for my diet.

I was convinced that there was a ghost in my house. Maybe they put a family portrait on the wall and a claw-foot bathtub in the bathroom to scare me. I could have well been back in the 1800s, in my apron and mules, milking full udders and feeding poultry.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...